CAREER OUTCOMES- can be able to get a job in fine dining restaurant and star category hotel
- can be able to get a job in a cruise and in an airlines.
- Can be able to become an entrepreneur and can establish own business.
- Can become a hospitality professional in the industry or can be a consultant of service department.
- Can be able to be a trainer in the educational sector.
- Can get the job easily around the globe.
- Able to handle the banquet operation.
A waiter or waitress works in a bar, restaurant, hotel or for a catering company taking customers' orders, carrying the meal from the kitchen to the table. They may work in a specialised area such as silver service or wine service.
Waiter/waitress duties and responsibilities
Waiters/waitresses are responsible for coordinating customers’ food and beverage orders with kitchen and bartending staff. Some of their common daily duties include:
- Taking orders from customers
- Answering questions about menu items, food sensitivities and food substitutions
- Giving customers suggestions for food and drinks and telling them about any special menu items
- Serving nonalcoholic beverages and delivering food and alcoholic beverages to customers
- Communicating with customers to ensure satisfaction and resolve any complaints
- Processing customer payments
- Removing dirty dishes from tables to avoid clutter while customers are eating
- Cleaning tables after customers have finished their meals
Waiter/Waitress skills and qualifications
A successful Waiter/waitress candidate needs various skills and qualifications to perform their required job duties, including the following:
- Effective communication and active listening skills for conversing with guests
- Knowledge of federal, state and local laws dealing with the consumption of alcohol
- Impeccable customer service skills and social perceptiveness
- Ability to evaluate customer satisfaction and responsiveness
- Oriented toward serving others and helping customers
- Accountability in processing customer payments
- Physical stamina to stand for long periods of time
- Strong time management and organizational skills
Duration: 1.5 Month
Training Cost: 9,000
Facility: CTEVT Affiliated Certificate, Book, Dress, Internship andJob Placement available as a free of cost